Friday, December 23, 2011

last minute washi clips

binder-clips

I always wait until the penultimate moment to whip up teacher gifts. Normally it is because I'm a procrastinator. This year it is because I haven't yet sorted out when and where to breathe, let alone brew up a usable gift idea. I went through my bookmarks to see if I had filed away any ideas before The Move, when my mind was still intact in Kansas, and LO! There it was. Washi taped binder clips, courtesy of organizing queen Marcia. I got an assortment of 60 red, black & white mini clips at Office Depot for $4ish. To my delight, I found that the minis are precisely the same width as the washi tape, so one tiny piece covers the whole clip. Another bonus: the tape is sticky enough that there's no need for glue. These are easy and quick to make, so if you need a last minute gift idea for someone, you could easily go on a clipping frenzy and wrap them up in time for Christmas.

P.S. Sorry for the lousy image quality. An essential part of my camera wound up in storage, so I have to iPhone it until I retrieve my goods. Or buy a new camera.

25 comments:

Marcia (123 blog) said...

Your clips look great!!! Such fun washi tape :)

Thanks for the reminder - anning on doing a list of my favourite little projects (just for me) and this was definitely one of them.

Mind you, I should do a few more for me because these days I simply avoid the boring black ones :)

AG Ambroult said...

well done, mama! I bought my girls TONS of washi tape for xmas and *I* cannot wait to play with it.

rachel awes said...

you clip my attention
every time, brilliant one.
love these! they are like
candy! yumlove xox

earmark said...

Love them! What a fun idea!! You are so smaarrtt! XOXO Aimee! I hope your holidays are merry and bright!

e.beck.artist said...

that is so my kinda gift ... cute and easy .. rah!

Jenipher Lyn said...

These are SO cute Aimee!!

Melly Testa said...

where do you get washi tape?

cartoongoddess said...

Heeeey! Those are really NEAT! Very fun!

Jen Niles said...

What the heck is washi tape? (Heading over to Google now...)

Another great last minute giftie is those hand-made journals bound by an elastic. Was it you who taught us how to do that? If so, you may want to re-run that post. Those were great.

Merisi Vienna said...

What a wonderful idea,
and those clips look fantastic!

Merry Christmas,
Merisi

Kelly Warren said...

those are too cute! and they look so fun all clipped there together. What great teacher gifts! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Beth said...

Those are awesome. Where do you get your washi tape.

Andria said...

These look great...what a fun gift for teachers! I've gone crazy covering clothespins with paper tapes...also fun and satisfying!

Everything's Rosie said...

Amy, those are darling. Such a cute idea. Happy holidays to you and yours. Hugs, rosalee

soulbrush said...

what a really nifty idea.

Lorinda said...

Super cute and clever!

Carmen said...

Adorable! You are sucha creative rock star Aimee! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!! xoxo,
Carmen

Marcie said...

These are such fun!! What a clever and creative idea..or even a fun way to simply brighten up your clips. Hoping your Christmas was merry and bright!

Rafaela Ribeiro said...

I loved and I pointed out in here and there today :)

http://rafaribeiiro.blogspot.com.br/2012/04/daqui-e-dali-16.html

Kisses inspiring to you ♥

Jacinthe said...

It is going to always be stimulating to learn content from different writers and follow a bit of something from their store. I'd desire to use some with the content on my weblog whether you don't mind. Natually I'll give you a hyperlink on your web blog. Thanks for sharing.
Jac@Perlengkapan Bayi

Gerrardz said...

Very nice & creative, you make something different!
Gerrard,Rumah Dijual

IheartteachingK said...

How cute and fun. So CrEaTiVe!! I love it. I'm a teacher and I can't wait to make some of these for the classroom. Where do you by your washi tape?

soulwoman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
soulwoman said...

I love this idea, better than buying Vera Bradley clips.

Odile aux US said...

End of the school year will bethere soon ! Love your idea !